Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I've been wanting to do this for a while

I've been wanting to create this blog for months now.  There is a couple reasons I haven't been able to do it; lack of time, fear of sharing everything I want to share, and not quite enough inspiration.  Lately I've been blessed with a few more muses and enough bravery to make up for all the missing time, so here goes nothing!

I intend for this blog to be two-fold in purpose.  The first is to share some of my favorite recipes and delicious daily creations with the world.  I love food.  I love everything about it and I have expressed myself through food my entire life.  The second is to share that although I do love food, it hasn't been an entirely perfect relationship.  I have been in recovery for an eating disorder since August 2010.  Recovery is a process and it will probably be one that I, like many others who struggle, will be on for the rest of my life.  



Things are better though and I know that personally this has been in part to recreating my relationship with food in a way that has been more meaningful than I could have ever imagined.  Over time I've come to the realization that the inadequate way I was treating my body and my relationship with food was self expression, that I was just simply Hungry For More everywhere in my life.  Now I see how natural of a desire this was and still is as my appetite keeps growing day after day!  So I'm increasing my menu; one meal, experience and relationship at a time.  You have to have variety and options if you're as hungry as I am :)  


You may be wondering why I am choosing to publicize such a story?  Go ahead and ask it, "a food blog for a girl recovering from an eating disorder"?  Well when it comes down to it, the truth is I would not trade my experiences for anything.  Although this has been some of the most challenging times of my life, it has also been some of the most rewarding.  I invite you to read my blog and take from it what you will.  Whether you are here for a great recipe or because you struggle too (or both!) I hope that I can help change your relationship with food for the better.  I will try every week to share at least one memorable dish, meal or experience with food and/or my life.  


Keep ordering, 


Bianca 

No comments:

Post a Comment